Search

Monday, December 31, 2012

Worst 10 books of 2012

These are the worst 10 books that I read this year. They are not in any particular order! Some are worst than others. For those that I did pay for, I WANT MY MONEY BACK!



#1. The Selection by Kiera Cass: America doesn’t want to enter the contest to become a princess… but she does anyway. And just how beautiful and perfect could America be?



#2. Railsea by China Mieville: What the hell is going on in this book? I had no idea!





#3. Origin by Jessica Khoury: Lack of dialogue, lack of suspense, lack of excitement and lack character’s depth.


#4. Arena One by Morgan Rice: Did you get to see that TV series “Xena: warrior princes”? Well, Brooke, the heroin of this book, is pretty much Xena in a smaller frame.



#5. The Survivors by Amanda Havard: what is it with writers making females characters so beautiful that it hurts your eyes just to read about it? Ouch! Sadie is extremely beautiful; I mean beautiful as in men can’t stop staring at her and women everywhere are jealous. Right.



#6. Blood Red Road by Mira Young: this one is Xena part 2. Read #4 above.



#7. The Color of Snow: I’m just going to say this, if you have insomnia, read this book. It is a very good sleep inducing device.



#8. The Temptation by Alisa Valdez: Stupid character + stupid actions = stupid book.



#9.- Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone: beautifully written, beautifully empty and boring.



#10. Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers: ah! In the name of all that is sacred, this book started very good but then it turned into a history book (as if I’m taking that college class!).

9 comments:

  1. I have not read any of these books but i wasn't planning to read it anyways. Especially The Selection with all the hype, I'm not very much convinced in everything.

    I was just imagining if you went back to the bookstore, or wherever you got it, and actually demanded for your money back. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know about Origin and Blood Red Road...I had kinda thought those sounded interesting. I'm brokenhearted over Grave Mercy though. I might still read that one - I was hopeful for a YA historical fiction book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of them are actually in my TBR pile,
    Oh dear I think I'll have to rethink some of my choices.
    Hapy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Good thing I don't have any of these on my TBR list!:-) The only one I thought about reading was The Selection, but I changed my mind after all of the drama with the author earlier this year.

    Tamara @ Shelf Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hated Grave Mercy. It was the only book this year that I absolutely hated and gave 1 star to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't even finish The Selection and Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone. The Selection was just plain stupid. Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone was so freaking slow and boring and I just quit. I don't know what everyone sees in Blood Red Road because I thought it was well below average.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't like Selection too.

    New follower from Book Blogs.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay, you are SUCH a debbie downer! I LOVED LOVED LOVED Dustlands and really liked grave mercy. and you said you hated Code name Verity.... It's one of my favorites. holy shit the book was phenomenal. Please pick it up again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rola, we've been over this, Code Name Verity" sucked. I will never try to read it again! Okay, maybe if under torture :-)

    ReplyDelete