Search

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Selection by Kiera Cass


Summary on GoodReads.

My god I couldn't even finish this book!

So cliché despite its originality.

America doesn't want to enter the competition but she does anyway. She doesn't want to be selected but she is, she doesn't want to win...

And then the "xxx and xxx are so pretty that, why am I even here? And xxx is so beautiful and she really deserves to win" crap. Hello! Can America be more perfect and think she is not? Totally fantasy crap for little girls who believe in prince charming.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't bother with this one as well. I stopped after a few pages. The lines were so incredibly cliche and shallow it was dreadfully annoying and tedious! I really hate it when heroines are oblivious to their "beauty". You're beautiful but you're not aware and you get angry at your family for telling you you're beautiful... um okay D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, what's wrong with being beautiful and knowing it? I am beautiful and I know it! ha ha ha

      Delete
  2. I was actually thinking about reading this. I'm not sure why, I think it was all the hype I heard about this book. But I think I'll pass on this one. Thanks for the insight.

    Tamara @ Shelf Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book has such mixed reviews. Sometimes I'm really temped to try it, after reading these reviews I want to stay far far away from it.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read it and it wasn't the best book I've picked up. I hated the ending. Don't let it be another love triangle as well as a poorly written dystopian novel, for gods sake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been on my TBR pile for so long now! I'm not sure whether to start the series since I hate characters like America seems to be portrayed as and I don't think it would be worth the read!

    Oh and followed you back Lectus, thankyou for the follow! (:

    ReplyDelete