Search

Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly #2


This is a Monday Meme to show case 3 books on your shelf that you are going to read and talk about this week.

The Good: it could be a book that you just started reading and it is sooo damn good! Or, a book you've been waiting for and finally got.

The Bad: it could be a book that you are going to read because of its hype, it was recommended to you or any other reason BUT you are not sure you are going to like it because it's not your usual type of book/story/genre/thing.

The Ugly: it could be any book and for any reason. It's up to you! I chose today's ugly because it is about messed up kid with schizophrenia.
So, spread the word and invite friends!!

The Rules:
1) Link back to my blog and Meme
2) Make sure to follow anyone you invite and anyone who refers back to you
3) It would be VERY nice if you disable patcha; it is a pain to leave messages!

The Good: Girl of Kendare Blake.- After I read Anna Dressed in Blood I just had to get the next one! I can't wait to start it :-)

Blurb: It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on.
His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live—not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with... [+] continue


The Bad: Sheltered by Debra Chapoton.- I'm not a paranormal fan YET this book caught my attention somehow... Will I like it?

Blurb: Living together unsupervised, five troubled teens confront demonic forces and are compelled to deal with their problems in distinctly different ways. Paranormal meets psycho meets Goth in this story of a supernatural haunting and budding love... [+] continue


The Ugly: Seduced in the dark by C.J. Roberts.- Should I explain why Livvie's life is pretty ugly? After reading Captive in the dark I had to know what happens to Livvie and Caleb!

Blurb: Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood. The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.

Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance? Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?... [+] continue

What are you Good, Bad and Ugly?




4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun meme! I definitely have to come around to picking up Anna Dressed in Blood soon. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This meme sounds like a fun one. :) I'll be sure to do it next week. I dont have time today to do it. Thanks for stopping by. Since The Knife of Never Letting Go was recommended to me so much, I gotta keep on reading it. :D

    Cindy @ http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love The Dark Duet! ;) Let me know your thoughts when you finish it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this meme!
    Just posted it for the first time:
    http://scottreadsit.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-good-bad-ugly-1.html

    ReplyDelete