Search

Monday, December 3, 2012

The good, the bad and the ugly #1


This is a Monday Meme to show case 3 books on your shelf that you are going to read and talk about this week.

The Good: it could be a book that you just started reading and it is sooo damn good! Or, a book you've been waiting for and finally got.

The Bad: it could be a book that you are going to read because of its hype, it was recommended to you, or any other reason BUT you are not sure you are going to like it because it's not your usual type of book/story/genre/thing.

The Ugly: it could be any book and for any reason. It's up to you! I chose today's ugly because it is about messed up kid with schizophrenia.

So, spread the word and invite friends!!

The Rules:
1) Link back to my blog and Meme
2) Make sure to follow anyone you invite and anyone who refers back to you
3) It would be VERY nice if you disable patcha; it is a pain to leave messages!


The Good: I was undecided about reading this book but it has so many good reviews that I decided to give it a try. I started it yesterday and like it, like... A LOT!

Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
     When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth [+] continue...


The Bad: this is definitely not my type of book but the movie is coming out and "I must read book before watching movie" :-)

City of Bones (The mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare
     When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are [+] continue...


The Ugly: this book is an oldie that I've wanted to read since forever. It is about a messed up kid who has a pretty ugly life.

Lowboy: a novel by John Wray
     Early one morning in New York City, Will Heller, a sixteen-yearold paranoid schizophrenic, gets on an uptown B train alone. Like most people he knows, Will believes the world is being destroyed by climate change; unlike most people, he’s convinced he can do something about it. Unknown to his doctors, unknown to the police—unknown even to Violet Heller, his devoted mother [+] continue...


What's on your shelf this week?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun idea! Obsidian.. I hate the cover, but I hear great things about it. I might give the e-book a shot, so I don't have to see the cover all the time, haha.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when characters are on the cover, like the Obsidian cover. It ruins the way I see the characters.

    ReplyDelete