Search

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake


Summary on GoodReads.

As much as I liked the first book I got tired of the "Buffy, the vampire slayer" team. Although, in this case it would be Cas, the ghost slayer :-)

I really liked Anna Dressed in Blood but I wasn't in the mood to read about ghost killings again.

If you remember, the previous book ended when Anna opened a door to hell and, as one might have suspected, she was trapped there. So this second book focuses on Cas and his friends trying to bring Anna back from hell because she doesn't deserve to be there.

That is alright, I just kind of didn't see the point of it. I mean, what is next? A chicken feet spell to make Anna human again?

For me, the journey of Cas and Anna began and ended with the first book.

2 comments:

  1. Good review. Straight to the point, just how I like it. Thanks!

    Tamara @ Shelf Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of agree with what you mean. I read the 2nd book of this 2-part series, and while I did enjoy it, I also felt that the 1st book already ended nicely. Kinda bittersweet, but I thought it was better that way. I didn't feel that Cas and Anna's relationship was practical or good at all :/ I even felt annoyed at the beginning Cas wanted to make things harder again! haha

    ReplyDelete