Search

Loading...

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Summary on GoodReads.

If you watched and liked the TV series “Buffy, the vampire slayer” you are going to love Anna Dressed in Blood.

Cas is a ghost hunter who finds an unusual and unexpected ghost in Anna. Anna is powerful and could kill Cas with the blink of an eye… but she doesn’t; why? Read the story…

Cas is this quasi-Buffy but not as swiftly. However I loved his voice and how he put everything into perspective. I mean, just because the book is about ghosts, magic and spells it doesn’t mean that I have to take the fact that they use chicken feet in a spell as something … granted. Nope, this sounds stupid and Cas says so.

What I liked most is that the book is not full of clichés! Oh no, people, Cas makes very sure that when something is stupid we know that he knows it is stupid but it has to be that way nonetheless.

Anna… Are ghosts pretty? Well, somehow Kendare Blake made Anna pretty, innocent, evil and ugly all at once. Yes, Anna turns out to be a pretty likeable ghost too.

Then why the 4-Stars? Well, because at the beginning Cas almost gets killed by a ghost that he was going to slay. I mean, if Cas is a ghost slayer he should be pretty good about it, but just at the beginning he is almost sent to join the ones he kills by one of his “victims;” quite meaningless to me. But maybe it was to portrait Cas as a human being and not a total Hercules?

The story is totally intriguing and just when I thought it was over… no sir, it was not! What can I say? I couldn’t put the book down and finished it in 2 days (yes, I have to go to school and work so…).

All in all Anna Dressed in Blood is a wonderful ghost story with a love spin. I can’t wait to read the second book.

1 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it, because I absolutely LOVED it. It's one of my favorite books EVER. :) I keep saying I'm going to read the sequel, but I probably wont. I'm not big on reading sequels. haha

    ReplyDelete