Search

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Someone Named Eva by Joan M.

Summary on GoodReads.

Just when I thought I knew everything about the Holocaust I come upon Someone Named Eva. I had no idea that Hitler was interested in collecting pure white children, brainwash them and turn them into Nazis.

Although the story of Eva is fictional, it is based on real facts. In 1942, children were taken by Nazis from Lidice, Czechoslovakia to a center in Poland to be trained indoctrinated into being proud German citizens. Once their training was over, they were giving over German families who adopted them.

This is the story of eleven-year-old Milada who after her “training” becomes Eva.
The story is a breeze to read: quick a lovely. It reminds me of Number the Stars in that they are both fiction works based on real events.

At the end of the book Wolf writes a little about the real events surrounding her story which makes it all more real and powerful.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I've really been into historical fiction lately. Definitely looking into this one !

    Kristen @OCA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting, that time period is one of my favorite to read about in historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole idea is horrifying, but I'll like to read the book.

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just what a new generation needs to learn about. Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it. Hi, I found you on the movie hop. I'm following.
    Java With Jambor

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book seems very emotional! I need to read it someday... Oh, and I know this is very off topic but do you ever think about making a page with an index of your reviews :) It would be easier to find a review for people to read that way...

    ReplyDelete