Search

Friday, November 2, 2012

Feature and Follow: deal breakers

Another Friday Feature and Follow by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. To participate, read the rules here.

Today's feature blog is Love, Literature, Art & Reason

And the question is....

Q: What is a deal breaker for yu in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can't deal with bad editing? For me is cliches and being predictable. I mean, when it is obvious that what's to come next is xxx such and such. When the love triangle is a typical love triangle, when the two main characters don't like each other to obviously end up together... What can I say? I'm sick of predictable stories. I' want something different!

8 comments:

  1. Predictability varies for me. Some story formats I don't mind seeing, but if the author uses the same one over and over I get bored and have to think they're just being lazy. Thanks for the comment/follow on my blog. New GFC follower in return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like the hate to love romance ^^ Although I like it more in the romantic comedy genre than in the other genres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when an author can throw in a jaw dropping moment or twist that you never saw coming. There should be more of that.

    New network blog follower

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I detest love trignles. someone should stop them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lectus2:27 PM

      Ha ha ha, let's boycut it!

      Delete
  5. For some reason, I don't really hate love triangles. Maybe it's because I got into deep reading only about a year ago, but I'm not bored yet. My time will come though, I know it will!

    New follower via GFC. Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answer Lectus! Cliché's are a deal breaking for sure! I hate being able to see any outcome a mile away! Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my FFF earlier & following me. I've followed right back via GFC :)

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
    My blog weightloss drops

    ReplyDelete