Search

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Meet Finnick in Catching Fire

Baby face Sam Claflin won the coveted role of Finnik Odair in Hunger Games's Catching Fire.

Does he look familiar? He should! He is our 'Philip', love-stricken man in Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides (2011); the one who was captured and had that love thing going on with the Siren (Syrena).

He also is our courageous 'William' in Snow White and the Huntsman (2012).

Now, how do you see Sam Claflin as 'Finnik'? I must admit that I was kind of shocked he was chosen. Somehow I made Finnik to be... darker, more sun-tanned and muscular in my mind! Well, but that was just my imagination of the character while reading the book. I was also wrong about 'Rue', who I though was white and turned out not to be in the movie. Am I reading all wrong?



But since everything is a matter of imagination, here is a picture of our Finn on set. With the blondish hair he does look a little more like my vision of Finnik though :-)