Search

Monday, September 10, 2012

Zoe Letting Go by Nora Price

Summary on GoodReads.

Why did this book remind me of Cracked and Winter Girls? Six girls in a… what do you call this place since “It's not a hospital, a spa, or an institution. That's what they told me--that's what the brochures promised.”? Anyway, six girls are in this place because they have issues, mental issues, that is.

Zoe letting go didn’t work for me. I got bored and felt like dropping the book but because it is Price I found it within my heart to finish it.

In this book nothing really happens and nothing is really explained. Who was stealing the articles of clothing?

I got tired of the breakfast- therapy- lunch-socializing-dinner routine and the food/menu.

What I liked: the end was surprising. I finally found out why Zoe was in there but so little was said about it that I just had to guess the rest. The end felt rushed, as if to get the book over with because she couldn’t think of more food to add to the book.

Who liked it: here and here.

1 comments:

  1. Sorry this didn't work for you! It's good that it wasn't completely predictable, but the writing doesn't sounds particularly impressive. I'll still give this a shot, but bearing in mind these points. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete