Search

Monday, September 24, 2012

Battle of the covers: which one do you prefer?

I guess they reeaally want us to think Pure is the next Hunger Games (or something around that) because they insist in maketing this books as a Hunger Games alike.

Is it? For me it was NOT! I didn't see any resemble between those two; not even the title catching fire that I guess it was intended to make me think of... well, Catching Fireor maybe Katniss's dress.

But it didn't, and I'm just bringing this up because I'm a genius and managed to read between the lines (in this case the images) of the subliminal message sent here.
Anyways, what cover do you like more? I prefer the hardcover.




Wait, is that the wing of a mockingjay plucking away?

Oh! all the effort put into the marketing of this book has paid off: it's going to be made into a movie! More about the movie in another post and when the cast is chosen.

5 comments:

  1. I prefer the hard cover. It's more original, the paperback is generic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I haven't read these yet, but the hardcover grabs my attention. The paperback doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hardcover. I hate the paperback, but I do like the cover for Fuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, the cover of Fuse is quite nice :-)

      Delete
  4. PURE was nothing like THE HUNGER GAMES. Maybe the publishers ARE trying to make us think that, but whoever who reads the book will definitely see no resemblance to THG at all. I prefer the hardcover, though, because it's much prettier and it fits the book better. :)

    ReplyDelete