Search

Monday, August 20, 2012

Sleeping Beauty for adults

WTF?” was my first thought when I learned that Anne Rice’s retelling of Sleeping Beauty… in an erotic way is being release. I mean, re-release; it was originally published in 1999 but I didn't know that.

The uproar of Fifty Shades of Grey has given the old goose the confidence she lacked before when she published the trilogy under the pen name of AN Roquelaure because - I guess - back then America wasn't prepared to read about the erotic endeavors of our sleeping princess - but now we are?.

And can you believe that Penguin’s imprint Plume is releasing 350 thousand copies? Because, you know, they assume that a horde of horny women is going to rush to buy them to read how Sleeping Beauty was awaken by more than a kiss and how she rewarded her prince for the favor.

The world is coming to an end. Wait, hasn’t it being ending for the past three centuries?

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I did not know this was happening. I didn't read 50 Shades and probably will pass on this version of Sleeping Beauty as well. I like my Disney version just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I am more annoyed about, the fact that this book gas been released or that it's on the shelf at Walmart..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:03 PM

    i own all three sleeping beauty books and i love all three by far my favorite books!!! would them to make a movie. i would say if your offended by these books then your afriad of your sexuality.

    ReplyDelete