Search

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Movie deal: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

As you know, self-published diva Jamie McGuire had her book rank #1 in sales on Amazon. Obviously this caught the eye of Simon & Schuster who got the rights to republish the best seller romance under Atria imprint.

But this is old news! You must be thinking. Well, here is something new for you:

Apparently, Beautiful Disaster is considered to be just another novel reworking the Fifty Shades beat to attract the masses. And no, the story doesn’t depict any sadomasochism; it is just that the sexual tension is enough to make it a Fifty Shades’ close relative.

And since I am at it (Beautiful Disaster, that is) can somebody tell me what’s up with these two completely different covers?

Anyway, the novel is already pinned for a movie! And the sequel, Walking Disaster is coming out in 2013. Read more here.

More rip-offs here.

5 comments:

  1. I've seen this book around, but so many books are made into movies. That just sucks how they don't haven any imagination and instead take from books instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know... Usually I prefer to read the book over the movie... I mean, the movie is intersting, but they skip soo many important details and sometimes they even change the action... Anyway, I might give a try to the movie, when it's gonna appear...

    Love, Katie
    Fashion Coma

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, they take a lot off the book and you just noticed it because you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:13 AM

    Hi friends, pleasant paragraph and pleasant arguments commented at this place, I am truly enjoying by these.
    Take a look at my web site : station

    ReplyDelete