Search

Friday, August 17, 2012

Chris Colfer from Glee to YA

Glee star Chris Colfer is publishing his first novel for YA, Struck by Lightning. I always get surprised when I find out that a Hollywood icon has an intellectual side and like, writes.

But I was even more surprised to learn that Colfer is no amateur in the world of publishing. He has already published a book for middle grade, The land of stories.

Struck by lightning is an adaptation of his movie by the same name to be released this year.


3 comments:

  1. I remember reading some recaps of BEA (I think?) this year and he did a speech that many people really enjoyed. I was (am still, actually) a little skeptical about how well-written it would be but honestly, my feelings are probably unfounded. I'm always impressed when actors write as well. Wait, scratch that, when authors write *well*. I listened to a few comedic memoirs and I just loved how well Steve Martin and Alan Alda wrote. I definitely want to read Martin's fiction one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chri Colfer seems to be on a writing spree lately. :P I agree, though: I'm always surprised when Hollywood actors start writing stuff and publishing them (Hilary Duff, anyone?). I also get a little cautious, because you never know the quality of their work, you know?

    ReplyDelete