Search

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Forest of Hands and Teeth, Pure and The Line: three stories that didn't work for me

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan Read the synopsis on Goodreads.

This is a tough one because the story is good (escaping from the walking dead) but it bored me to death! I can't even quite explain why I was fed up with it. I reckon it will make a good movie, though: teenagers running away from the crazies (…like that other movie/s!). Update: Ah! I just read that the movie is coming out in 2013!

The Line by Teri Hall Read the synopsis on Goodreads.

The Line is the part of the border that divides the country in two separate parts. On this side are Rachel and her mother, they are safe here, along with other people who live on this side of the line. On the other side are…, well, I don’t really know because the beginning didn’t keep me interested in reading the entire book and finally discovering what or who lived on the other side of the line.

Pure by Julianna Baggot Read the entire synopsis on Goodreads.

Pure, just like the title, was pure boredom. Oh! It began interesting, alright. What book doesn’t; that is why I picked it up: an atomic bomb destroyed the world Pressia lives in, leaving two kinds of survivors: those disfigured by the bomb and radiations and those who escaped the destruction because they were chosen to survive in a Dome.

Well, you can imagine how Pressia’s life is. And then is Partridge, who lives in the Dome, he is pure because he hasn’t been touched by the horrors of the outside world… until he escapes to find his mother who might still be alive. Oh well, this is like saying 2 + 2 = 4, because obviously these two meet and… stuff happened.